27 December 2015

My Skincare Routine

Hello everyone!
After a long hiatus I have returned with literally the most requested post I've ever gotten (I get asked all the time to make this post, before I even had a blog people asked me to make one just for this, crazy huh?) In case you haven't guessed already, this is going to be all about my skincare routine, and for the sake of keeping both you and I engaged I'm going to have 3 separate posts regarding skincare. Today will be all about the products I use and the order in which I use them, so without further rambling I will begin!


An obvious and extremely important part of skincare is cleansing - I cleanse my face twice a day with the same cleanser each time (I clean my face morning and night in case you needed clarification on that one.) I've been using the same one for about 5 years and it's an absolutely fool proof gentle cleanser that I would literally recommend to everyone. The one I'm talking about is the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, I love this stuff so much I only buy it by the litre. I use about 2 pumps each time I clean my face and it works a treat! No strong smell, not alcohol heavy (I find a lot of brands have an excess of alcohol in their cleansers and it's just way too much for your delicate skin to handle every day) and it cleans your skin, because that's the point really isn't it?

The next thing I do is use a toner because I just do, not going to lie that's it. I don't really notice a spectacular difference if I do or don't but if you have a more oily or combo skin I would definitely recommend incorporating a toner - stick to a gentle one so you don't upset your skin, because you will have more of a benefit than I do because it will really balance out the pH of your skin. I use the Kiehl's Cucumber Herbal Alcohol-Free Toner because of what is says in its name: Alcohol-Free. I just dab this over my skin after I've cleansed with a cotton pad and tada! I'm toned, can't you tell!?


Next order of business is my favourite: MOISTURISING
I have ridiculously dry skin, at least I did before I started using this bad boy, Dr Eckstein Calendula Creme. The Dr Eckstein products are truly incredible, and I can't recommend you checking them out enough because this moisturiser transformed my skin. I use this every day twice a day as well, applying a little more at night than I do during the day to my drier areas and voila! Comfortable, soft and supple skin is mine!

I follow up with my super creamy eye cream every other day or whenever I know I want to do eye makeup. Again, dabbing motions all over my eye area, I use Kiehl's Creamy Avocado Eye Treatment.

Stay with me folks, two more steps to my skincare: The spot treatment and the all over misting of goodness. First is the spot treatment, which again, is by Dr Eckstein, it's called Azulen Paste. This stuff is awesome. I apply to pimples that have already arrived on my face and ones that are yet to show up in full glory and it just works. My spots disappear and heal faster and my overall complexion is less spotty when I use this uniquely scented green paste.
 After I'm done attacking the face demons I mist my face with some of the Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs and Rosewater. Doesn't it sound divine? I think so. Once I've spritzed myself that's me done and I feel all brand new every time.

I lied, one more product - my lip balm. I religiously apply a good coat of Elizabeth Arden's Eight hour cream to my lips every night. It's a cult product that I have been using for years as have many others because it simply does the job so well, I always wake up with soft, hydrated lips.

Now before you get exasperated or start questioning your life, my next post will cover my approach to skincare, sort of a philosophy if you will, and the one after will cover product recommendations and tips for different skin types.

I hope this post wasn't too boring for those of you who couldn't give a s#!t what I put on my face every day and not disappointing for those who ask me all the time. That's it for now, hope you had a wonderful festive season and I will see you sort of ish in my next post!

Kate XO

No comments:

Post a Comment