25 October 2015

♡ October Favourites ♡

I just wanted to start off by saying that the support I received on my first post was so unexpected that I've been a bit hesitant to write another as I really wanted keep this interesting.

I've got a few posts in the works that I've been asked to write so in the meantime I thought I'd share some of my beauty favourites of this month. I always love watching people's monthly favourites videos on YouTube so I thought I'd share something that I love reading/watching myself. (I'm selfish like that) Thank you so much for your support and I hope you enjoy!

First up is something that I've only recently discovered but it's quickly become a favourite of mine.



It's the Kiehl's creamy eye treatment with avocado - so it's an eye cream
At $41 AUD it's not a cheap little cream but oh boy, does this stuff work some serious eye magic. After just a few uses my eyes looked better - I didn't even know my eyes were puffy until all of a sudden they weren't and I could magically see more of my eyelid  when my eyes were open. I have dry skin everywhere but it never occurred to me that my eyes would be dry too (in hindsight I feel like an idiot for not making the connection earlier) So now my eyeshadow goes on better - score, and my eyes just feel really nourished.  It has a bit of a weird yoghurt smell if you take a sniff but you don't notice it once you put it on. If you're interested definitely pick up a sample and try it out.


Next up Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs & Rosewater - basically a delicious facial spray (it smells like turkish delight because of the rosewater) that your skin just drinks up. I came across this delicious mist when Kylie Jenner's makeup artist used it on her in a tutorial on Kylie's app. Instantly her skin looked dewy and refreshed and at $9 AUD I wanted some. And basically now my skincare routine isn't complete unless I finish with misting this all over my face. It just makes your skin feel and look beautiful and gives you an extra kick of moisture - I am in love!


This next product also has a delicious scent that all of my friends looove.
I'm talking about Soap & Glory's Smoothie Star Breakfast Scrub - it's a body exfoliator and good lord does it smell heavenly. It smells of the most decadent Canadian maple syrup and contains oats, sugar, shea butter, organic cupuacu bio scrubs and banana, almond and honey extracts. Aside from the fact that I can't stop sniffing it, it leaves my skin so soft and clean - I use it once a week and neeeed to pick up the moisturizer in this scent. GO TO YOUR NEAREST MECCA MAXIMA AND SMELL IT - YOU WON'T REGRET IT

Now for some makeup favourites:
My beautiful friend bought me the Too Faced Natural Matte Eyeshadow Palette and it is delightful. We seem to have inadvertently started a tradition of getting each other Too Faced products for our birthdays and I have no objections. These shadows are buttery, pigmented and have the most beautiful, natural colours.



My last favourite is something I'd had my eye on for about a year and do not regret buying at all: The Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer. This is the highlighter that angels dream of. It's a stunning golden powder that makes your cheeks glisten in a goddess kinda way. I'm a highlighter junkie and I feel like this glow is my baby. Not at all obsessed. If you too crave the glow I can't recommend Mary-Lou enough.


That's about it for today, I hope you enjoyed reading about products I've been loving this month.
Feel free to share this and thank you for reading!

Kate XO


No comments:

Post a Comment